Crown Land Regulation
Draft Crown Land Regulation 2017 - EDO NSW submission
September 2017 - Download our submission
NSW communities value their Crown lands in many different ways – culturally, environmentally, socially and economically. This submission comments on draft Regulations to underpin the Crown Land Management Act 2016 (NSW). Together the Act and Regulations will regulate the future management, use and potential transfer or sale of a diverse range of publicly owned land in NSW.
Part A of this submission makes high-level comments on:
- what is and is not addressed in the draft Regulation
- how key concepts could be applied and strengthened (such as community engagement strategies and Crown land rules and principles) and
- how the reform package fits together and interacts with other in-progress reforms.
Part B comments on the details of the draft Regulation including:
- the use, management and transfer of ownership (vesting) of Crown lands, and
- improvements to governance, transparency and environmental protection.