An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced legal administrator to join the foremost public interest environmental law centre in Australia.
NSW’s only community legal centre specialising in environmental law. For more than 30 years we’ve pursued our mission of providing public interest legal services to groups and individuals who care about, and want to protect, our natural and built environment. Our organisation is a crucial element in the functioning of environmental law in NSW and Australia. We are expert professional and specialist advisors on environmental and planning law.
A day in the life:
Under the direction of the Office’s Principal Lawyer, you will play a key role in ensuring the effective and efficient management of EDO NSW’s advice and litigation files. You’re also a big part of the EDO NSW Administration Team which provides the administrative functions necessary to the general operations of the EDO and to support its staff, management and clients.
Your days will be varied but will include playing a frontline and reception role in the office, managing client enquiries and assisting with the office’s incoming and outgoing communications. You will triage client enquiries, directing them to the relevant section of the office.
- An experienced legal administrator. You know what’s needed to manage legal files effectively and efficiently, including database management and reporting. You’re familiar with court processes, legal document management and the assembly of legal briefs. You’re comfortable liaising with clients, barristers and other parties.
- Flexible and willing to help where required. While your focus will be on providing adequate support to EDO NSW’s litigation team, you will be required to undertake more general administrative functions as a key part of the Administration Team. As a community legal centre we all pitch in. Whether it’s preparing for a CLE clinic, taking meeting minutes, booking our international team’s travel or helping with fundraising, your day-to-day will vary depending on the office’s demands at the time.
- A great communicator and people person. We have a close knit team committed to delivering outcomes for our clients and the environment in the public interest; you’re going to be a big part of it.
- You’re able to help leverage our substantial volunteer program through effective supervision and direction of legal volunteers.
- A motivated self-starter.
- Excited about the opportunity to play a key role in the provision of public interest environmental law in Australia.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
How to apply:
Potential applicants are encouraged to obtain further information on the work of EDO NSW from our website.
For further information about the position, contact Blake Powell on 02 9262 6989 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com with 'Application for Legal Administrator' in the subject line.
Applications must include a CV and a letter that clearly addresses how your experience makes you the right person for the job.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 5pm Monday, 13 November 2017.