Senior Solicitor - Crime
Position: 12 months, 3 days per week pro rata
Applications close: 25 January, 2019
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced criminal lawyer to lead EDO NSW’s criminal defence practice.
EDO NSW does not support unlawful behaviour in any way, but we do believe that all people charged with criminal offences are entitled to a high quality legal defence. We also recognise the right of peaceful protest in Australia as a central tenet of our democracy and that citizens who engage in peaceful protest related to environmental protection do so not out of personal interest, but rather are motivated by the public interest of protecting the environment.
- An unrestricted NSW practising certificate or eligibility for admission to legal practice in NSW.
- A minimum 3-4 years post admission experience working primarily in the field of criminal law.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate clearly in plain English.
- Demonstrated high level research skills, including attention to detail.
Position: The Senior Solicitor (crime) position is 12 months, 3 days per week pro rata.
Salary: Salary dependent on experience.
EDO NSW provides an inspiring and flexible workplace to get the best out of our staff.
How to apply for this job
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Solicitor – Crime application via website
Applications must include a CV and a letter that clearly addresses each of the selection criteria. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information, contact David Morris, Chief Executive Officer, on 02 9262 6989 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 25 January 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified people are encouraged to apply.