Fundraising and Engagement Data Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced 'data wrangler' to join the NSW team.
We are looking for an experienced ‘data wrangler’ to enhance our organisation by using specialist database expertise to take control of our existing supporter database and build a sophisticated data-rich picture of how people interact with the organisation. This position is responsible for performing data management tasks, including extraction, reporting and analysis; managing database integrity, and supporting an upcoming migration to a new supporter database. This role is central to the increased efficacy and growth planned for our fundraising, communications and supporter program.
This is an exciting role in a small, dynamic team at a time of considerable growth for the Environmental Defenders Office. If you’re a self-motivated, efficient and highly organised Database Officer with a passion for conservation we encourage you to apply.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate the existing EDO database (Nationbuilder) with approx. 30,000 records including data entry as required, maintenance, extraction and reporting.
- Run data selection (extractions) for the fundraising programs, including direct mail appeals, telemarketing, bequests, major gifts and donor care programs.
- Perform segmentation of EDO’s donors, data mining of non-financial supporter base, and profiling for bequest prospects and major donors to maximise program results.
- Analyse supporter engagement, including email open and click-through rates, and conversion rates unrelated to fundraising.
- Report on specific program performance and undertake quarterly reporting, e.g. attrition reporting, propensity scoring.
- Maintain the data quality of the database, including importing new supporter details and implementing database cleaning strategies and processes.
- Perform database development and project work, including automation of statistics and reporting, database code management and procedure development.
- Advise on development of new and existing reports to deliver the most useful information for EDO fundraising programs and reporting.
- Provide strategic and operational advice, input and assistance with data migration.
- Provide operational administrative support, including developing processes and procedures, coding and recording donations.
- Liaise with EDO service providers to ensure data being provided meets their needs, e.g. telemarketing agencies.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum of five years’ experience preparing data for fundraising and engagement programs (including non-financial supporter growth) and managing a donor database.
- Substantive expertise in data extraction for program delivery, reporting, and program analysis in fundraising and engagement programs, including regular giving, cash appeals and major gifts programs. An understanding of RFV segmentation model is desirable.
- Expertise with Excel, pivot tables and CRM databases, and ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
- A commitment to clear and effective presentation of data and reporting work with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Commitment to EDO’s values and interest in our work protecting Australia’s environment through the law.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Prior experience working with Nation Builder and/or Salesforce
- Not-for-profit experience
Position: The position is full-time (1 FTE) for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary: Salary dependent on experience.
If you are interested in joining the EDO team, please contact us. EDO provides an inspiring and flexible workplace to get the best out of our staff.
Applications should be submitted via email to to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Application for position of Fundraising and Engagement Data Specialist' in the subject line. Applications must include a CV and a letter that clearly addresses each of the selection criteria. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information contact Blake Powell, Operations Director, on 02 9262 6989 or via email at email@example.com. Applications close 5pm, Tuesday, 03 September.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified people are encouraged to apply.