Have Your Say Now - Current Opportunities
Note that some opportunities will apply to large areas of the state or the whole of NSW or Australia. In this case, the opportunity will be mapped at the street address of the relevant Government Department's head office or the nearest local council chambers.
How to access environmental and planning consultations at federal, state and council level
Local Environment Plans (LEPs)
- To access the LEP tracking system, visit the Department of Planning and Environment website, go to Current Proposals and search for ‘On Exhibition’. Read more about LEPs in our Fact Sheets. Visit your local council’s website to see if there are any planning proposals or LEP changes open for public comment.
- In NSW, go to NSW Government Have Your Say. Then also check the Department of Planning and Environment On Exhibition site. You can also look for Inquiries by state Parliamentary committees.
- Federal: Look for Open for public comment. Then go to Public Consultations. You can also look for new consultations by the Senate and new consultations by the House of Representatives.
Threatened species listings
Major project proposals
EPBC Act referrals
- Invitations to comment on development plans which come under the EPBC Act
Plans of Management
- Invitations to comment on draft plans of management for NSW national parks
New coal and petroleum exploration licences
Friday, May 25, 2018 at 05:00 PMDepartment of the Environment and Energy in Greenbushes , Australia
Proposed expansion of existing Greenbushes Lithium Mine to increase production of lithium mineral concentrate. The expansion will require up to 385ha of clearing – submissions invited until Wednesday 25 May 2018.
Friday, May 25, 2018 at 05:00 PMAustralian Senate in Canberra, Australia
The Water Amendment Bill 2018 has been referred to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee of the Australian Senate for inquiry and report.
The committee invites individuals and organisations to send in their opinions and proposals by 25 May 2018.
Friday, May 25, 2018 at 05:00 PMDepartment of the Environment and Energy in Port Hedland, Australia
Expansion of lithium mine. Extensions to Cassiterite Pit and associated waste rock landforms as well as construction and operation of infrastructure to support mining operations. Clearing of 560ha – submissions invited until Wednesday 25 May 2018.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 05:00 PMDepartment of the Environment and Energy in Parramatta, Australia
Proposal to erect overhead cover for historic vehicle fleet. This will involve an extension of the existing vehicle concrete hard standing and the erection of structures on the extended hard standing – submissions invited until 29 May 2018.
Friday, June 01, 2018 at 05:00 PMCity of Sydney in Alexandria, Australia
The City of Sydney council has commissioned an independent review on how to protect local streets from increased traffic coming from the St Peters Interchange, part of WestConnex. The City now proposes an integrated traffic plan and seeks community feedback until 1 June 2018.
Friday, June 01, 2018 at 05:00 PM
The Australian Department of the Environment and energy is calling for public submissions on the eligibility and conservation actions for 3 species:
- Dasycerus Cristicauda (Crest-tailed mulgara)
- Pseudantechinus mimulus (Carpentarian antechinus
- Mesembriomys macrurus (golden backed tree rat)
Submissions invited until 1 June 2018.
Monday, June 04, 2018 at 05:00 PM
The public is invited to comment on the proposed Wildlife Trade Management Plan, which would set out the protected status for native flora in Western Australia and the licensing and reporting requirements for harvesters.
Tuesday, June 05, 2018 at 05:00 PMAustralian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority in Symonston, Australia
Public comment is invited on the registration application for a herbicide to be used to control weeds in sugarcane.
Tuesday, June 05, 2018 at 05:00 PM
The Emissions Reduction Assurance Committee is holding a full review of the Landfill Gas Method to investigate whether it complies with the six offsets integrity standards set out in section 133(1) of the Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) Act 2011.
Public consultation is open until 5 June 2018.