Have Your Say now - current opportunities
Note that some opportunities will apply to large areas of the state or the whole of NSW or Australia. In this case, it will be mapped at the street address of the relevant Government Department's head office or the nearest council chambers.
How to access environmental and planning consultations at federal, state and council level
- In NSW, go to NSW Government Have Your Say. Then also check the Department of Planning and Environment On Exhibition site. You can also look for Inquiries by state Parliamentary committees.
- Federal: Look for Open for public comment. Then go to Public Consultations. You can also look for new consultations by the Senate and new consultations by the House of Representatives.
Threatened species listings
Major project proposals
EPBC Act referrals
- Invitations to comment on development plans which come under the EPBC Act
Plans of Management
- Invitations to comment on draft plans of management for NSW national parks
New coal and petroleum exploration licences
Local Environment Plans (LEPs)
- To access the LEP tracking system, visit the Department of Planning and Environment website, go to Current Proposals and search for ‘On Exhibition’. Read more about LEPs in our Fact Sheets. Visit your local council’s website to see if there are any planning proposals or LEP changes open for public comment.
Monday, January 21, 2019 at 05:00 PMDepartment of the Environment and Energy in Parkes, Australia
As a party to the Convention on Biological Diversity, Australia is formally required to report its progress on conservation measures undertaken, the effectiveness of its actions and general progress in implementing the objectives of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Make a submission by Monday 21 January 2019.
Friday, January 25, 2019 at 05:00 PMNSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee in Parkes, Australia
The NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee is calling for public submissions on the eligibility of Lower Hunter Spotted Gum Ironbark Forest in the Sydney Basin and NSW North Coast Bioregions to be listed as an engangered ecological community. Submissions are invited untl 25 January 2018.
Friday, January 25, 2019 at 05:00 PMNSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee in Sydney, Australia
The NSW Threatened Species Scientific Committee is calling for public submissions on the proposal to list the shrub Persoonia mollis subspecies revoluta as a vulnerable species. Submissions invited until 25th January 2019.
Friday, February 01, 2019 at 05:00 PMDepartment of the Environment and Energy in Tahmoor, Australia
Developer to make monetary contribution of $9,682 per residential lot for the provision of designated State public infrastructure – submissions invited until 1 February 2019.
Friday, February 01, 2019 at 05:00 PMThe NSW Department of Industry – Water in Forbes, Australia
The Department of Industry is seeking feedback on the Lachlan Surface Water Resource Plan.
The plan incorporates the water sharing plans for the Lachlan unregulated and regulated water sources and the Belubula regulated water source.
Submissions are being accepted until Friday 1 February 2019.
Friday, February 15, 2019 at 05:00 PMThe NSW Department of Industry – Water in Sydney, Australia
NSW Department of Industry is seeking feedback on the draft Floodplain Harvesting Monitoring and Auditing Strategy.
Once finalised, the strategy will allow monitoring of overland flow harvesting. The draft strategy will monitor and audit floodplain extractions against floodplain harvesting entitlements to ensure harvesting activities remain within account limits and rules.
Submissions are being accepted until Friday 15 February 2019.