Have Your Say now - current opportunities
Note that some opportunities will apply to large areas of the state or the whole of NSW or Australia. In this case, it will be mapped at the street address of the relevant Government Department's head office or the nearest council chambers.
How to access environmental and planning consultations at federal, state and council level
- In NSW, go to NSW Government Have Your Say. Then also check the Department of Planning and Environment On Exhibition site. You can also look for Inquiries by state Parliamentary committees.
- Federal: Look for Open for public comment. Then go to Public Consultations. You can also look for new consultations by the Senate and new consultations by the House of Representatives.
Threatened species listings
Major project proposals
EPBC Act referrals
- Invitations to comment on development plans which come under the EPBC Act
Plans of Management
- Invitations to comment on draft plans of management for NSW national parks
New coal and petroleum exploration licences
Local Environment Plans (LEPs)
- To access the LEP tracking system, visit the Department of Planning and Environment website, go to Current Proposals and search for ‘On Exhibition’. Read more about LEPs in our Fact Sheets. Visit your local council’s website to see if there are any planning proposals or LEP changes open for public comment.
Friday, November 15, 2019 at 05:00 PMNSW Office of Local Government in Sydney, Australia
The NSW Office of Local Government is seeking feedback on independent reviews undertaken by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) that focus on government regulation. The government is now seeking feedback about the issues and recommendations put forward in the IPART reports before making further decisions about developing the government’s final response. Feedback is invited until 15 November 2019.
Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 05:00 PMCommittee Secretary - Senate Standing Committees on Environment and Communications in Parliament House, Australia
Inquiry into the Product Stewardship Amendment (Packaging and Plastics) Bill 2019
The Senate has referred the Product Stewardship Amendment (Packaging and Plastics) Bill 2019 to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by the last sitting day of March 2020.
The closing date for submissions to the inquiry is 21 November 2019.
EDOA made a submission in late 2015 to an inquiry into Marine Plastic Pollution - download that here. The EDO is pleased to see many of our recommendations included in this new Bill and will be making a submission to the inquiry.
Read more and have your say >>