Have Your Say now - current opportunities
Note that some opportunities will apply to large areas of the state or the whole of NSW or Australia. In this case, it will be mapped at the street address of the relevant Government Department's head office or the nearest council chambers.
How to access environmental and planning consultations at federal, state and council level
- In NSW, go to NSW Government Have Your Say. Then also check the Department of Planning and Environment On Exhibition site. You can also look for Inquiries by state Parliamentary committees.
- Federal: Look for Open for public comment. Then go to Public Consultations. You can also look for new consultations by the Senate and new consultations by the House of Representatives.
Threatened species listings
Major project proposals
EPBC Act referrals
- Invitations to comment on development plans which come under the EPBC Act
Plans of Management
- Invitations to comment on draft plans of management for NSW national parks
New coal and petroleum exploration licences
Local Environment Plans (LEPs)
- To access the LEP tracking system, visit the Department of Planning and Environment website, go to Current Proposals and search for ‘On Exhibition’. Read more about LEPs in our Fact Sheets. Visit your local council’s website to see if there are any planning proposals or LEP changes open for public comment.
Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 05:00 PMByron Shire Council in Byron Bay, Australia
This draft strategy has been developed as part of the ongoing management of the Belongil Creek estuary. It is on exhibition until 30 June 2019.
A community drop-in session will be held on 14 June at Byron Bay Library, 1.30-3.30pm.
Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 05:00 PM
The National Environmental Science Program (NESP) is scheduled for completion in 2021. The Department of the Environment and Energy has commenced early planning for a future environmental research program to succeed NESP.
Public consultation on the NESP will be open until 30 June 2019.
Wednesday, July 03, 2019 at 05:00 PM
The Australian Department of the Environment and Energy is calling for public submissions on the eligibility and conservation actions for 5 species:
- Dasyurus maculatus maculatus (Spotted-tailed Quoll (South-eastern Mainland))
- Miniopterus orianae bassanii (Southern Bent-wing Bat)
- Pseudomys fumeus (Smoky Mouse)
- Pseudomys oralis (Hastings River Mouse)
Submissions invited until 3 July 2019.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 05:00 PM
The Stock Medicines Regulation 2010 will be repealed on 1 September 2019. At that time, the remade Stock Medicines Regulation 2019 – with amendments – will commence.
Feedback is invited until 10 July 2019.
Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 05:00 PM
The Department of the Environment and Energy has received an application and draft assessment report to include Garden Snail on the Live Import List.
Comments are invited until 18 July 2019.
Friday, July 19, 2019 at 05:00 PMNSW Independent Planning Commission in Sydney, Australia
The Independent Planning Commission NSW is required to develop a Community Participation Plan (CPP) under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
The draft CPP sets out when and how you can participate in the planning process, including when the IPC make decisions on major development applications. The CPP also establishes community participation objectives which will be used to guide the IPC’s approach to community engagement.
The draft CPP is on public exhibition until Friday 19 July 2019 here >>