Inquiry into the Future of Australia’s Cities - EDOs of Australia submission
Inquiry into the Future of Australia’s Cities – EDOs of Australia submission
August 2017 – Download Submission
This submission to the House of Representatives Committee on Infrastructure, Transport and Cities covers two sub-inquiries.
On Sustainability transitions in existing cities we discuss:
- Reviewing evidence and recommendations from past inquiries
- Prioritising sustainable transport and infrastructure
- Global best practice green cities
- Strong leadership needs institutions, vision and harmonisation.
On Growing new and transitioning regional cities and towns we highlight five critical issues for planning in regional Australia:
- Ecologically sustainable development
- Good strategic planning
- Natural Resource Management goals, data, environmental accounts
- Climate change readiness
- Community engagement, including regional Aboriginal communities