What personal information is collected by EDO NSW and when is it collected?
EDO NSW collects information from users in the following ways:
- When subscribing to EDO NSW email bulletin services
- When making a donation to EDO NSW
- When registering for workshops, conferences and seminars
- When purchasing publications, workshop, conference or seminar fees
- When volunteering via the online registration form
- When evaluating publications via the online evaluation form
- When requesting a workshop via the online request form
EDO NSW web site uses the IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of visitors to the site to administer the site, track users' movements, and to gather broad demographic information. However, IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information and therefore the information and statistics EDO NSW produces does not enable individual users to be identified.
EDO NSW does not collect any personally identifiable information from visitors to the site except that which is supplied to us on a voluntary basis.
How does EDO NSW use users' personal information?
EDO NSW will process the information that we collect from you and may link or combine your information with other personal information that we hold about you. The information that we collect may be processed or used for the following purposes:
- provision of our services
- to send you email and/or postal communications that you have requested
- to send you supporter updates, including case information and updates, fundraising and information about upcoming events
- administration of donor and subscription records
- to notify you about changes to our website and services
- to make financial transactions in accordance with your instructions
- technical maintenance.
The information that we collect from you may be sent to external service providers that:
- assist EDO NSW with email communications including our eBulletin;
- process donations on behalf of EDO NSW; and
- provide data storage and management services.
Recipient external service providers are likely to be located in Australia and the United States of America.
Does anyone other than EDO NSW collect information from EDO NSW website?
Except as stated in this Policy or unless you are informed at the time of collection of information, only EDO NSW collects personal information from the EDO NSW website.
Does EDO NSW share user information?
EDO NSW will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party. In the event that we co-organise or co-host a specific event with a third party, and you register for that event online, the information that you enter when you register, and only that information, may be shared with that third party if we inform you prior to online registration that we will do so. The only other circumstance in which a third party will have access to your personally identifiable information is where that third party is managing and/or maintaining the EDO NSW's computer network, website, databases or sending communications from EDO NSW, on behalf of and as an agent for EDO NSW . In that circumstance at all times the EDO NSW will maintain effective control over the use of your personal information and ensure that it is used only in accordance with this policy.
Please note that the EDO NSW website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the EDO NSW is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. EDO NSW encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your personally identifiable information?
EDO NSW will always ask for your consent to receive emails, event promotions or other correspondence relating to the services of EDO NSW. You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time via our unsubscribe page. In addition, you can email email@example.com to remove your email or mailing address from all our other mailing lists.
What is EDO NSW's policy on allowing users to update, correct, or delete their personally identifiable information?
If you wish to update or amend the information held by EDO NSW (for example to change contact details or to alter preferences with regard to receiving mailings), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you identify an error in the information held by EDO NSW, please contact email@example.com.
What other security precautions should users take?
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, EDO NSW cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once the EDO NSW receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with this policy, your legal rights, or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commssioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).
Our complaints process is as follows:
- A complaint is made to the Operations Director or Executive Director in writing to Level 5 263 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 or by phone on (02) 9262 6989.
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Operations Director and/or Executive Director and a response to your complaint will be provided within a reasonable period.
- At any time, if you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au)
Notification of Changes
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to EDO NSW.