Private native forestry review - submission
Private Native Forestry Review
NSW recently commenced a review of the regulatory framework for forestry operations on private land. The EDO NSW submission makes a number of recommendations for strengthening the rules around private native forestry to improve environmental outcomes, including recommendations for:
- Strengthening objects for private native forestry in line with principles for ecologically sustainable forestry management;
- Increasing rigour and transparency in making PNF Codes of Practice;
- Ensuring that PNF Codes of Practice adopt stringent environmental standards and protect environmentally sensitive land and threatened species from the impacts of logging;
- Improving accountability and oversight in making PNF plans; and
- Mandating robust monitoring and compliance of forestry operations.