Regional Forests Agreement
Regional Forests Agreement Review - EDO NSW submission
February 2018 - Download this submission.
In this submission, EDO NSW comments on five overarching issues that apply to the RFA review process, including the development of A Report of Progress with Implementation of NSW Regional Forest Agreements: Second & Third five-yearly reviews July 2004 – June 2014 (Progress Report).
Our 5 key areas of concern are:
- RFA reviews have not occurred in the required timeframes
- Poor community consultation
- Lack of third party civil enforcement and a culture of non-compliance
- Limited data on environmental indicators
- Need for transparent forestry governance and operational requirements.