Review of Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000
Review of Environmental and Planning Assessment Regulation 2000 (Issues paper) - EDO NSW submission
November 2017 - Download submission
This submission makes comments and recommendations on the NSW Planning Regulation and the Department’s Issues Paper.
The Regulation is important as it underpins the day-to-day operation of the NSW planning system. The Regulation guides the processes, plans, public consultation, impact assessment and decisions made by local councils, the Department of Planning and others.
Part A of our submission suggests some guiding principles to inform the Review and development of a draft revised Planning Regulation:
- Achieving the aims of the Act and government policy objectives:
- Transparent information and effective engagement on planning matters:
- Development categories – ensure the greatest impacts receive the greatest scrutiny
- Specific consultation needed on giving effect to the Planning Bill 2017.
Part B examines:
- ‘Existing provisions and known issues’ noted in the Issues Paper that are relevant to the public interest; and
- ‘Other issues’ that EDO NSW sees as important for the Review to address in any redrafted Regulation.